I don't know what to expect tomorrow. I don't know what levels of liberation I will feel in being able to shop for fashion items again. Part of me wants to attack every sample sale in town and the other part of me doesn't want to do anything in commemoration of this achievement.
In the cab ride home this evening, I was thinking that I would wake up at 12:01 a.m. this coming morning to make my first purchase right away and usher in a new shopping code of conduct. But I can't decide if I really feel the need to shop that badly.
It's been a year and I still don't need anything. In fact, about 75% of my wardrobe is in storage right now and I don't miss any of it. Not to mention, there are things in the other 25% of my closet that I have only worn once.
What does this craving to shop say about our culture? It's a habit and not a good one. I will let you know how I fare tomorrow.